Monday, April 8, 2013

Robins

The robins have returned to our yard.  Tonight, as I headed out for a walk there in a tree sat a robin.  I love seeing them every spring.  It means the woodland flowers won't be far behind.  While maybe not this year since we still have 6 to 12 inches on snow still on the ground the violets and trilliums are still hiding. 

As I walked on our country road I could hear the sand hill cranes and saw a flock of robins.  They were so busy looking for food.  I wonder if some were gathering nesting materials.  Snow is in the forecast again so I hope the nest builders have lot's of insulation and a roof!!

Seeing the robins helped me decide it was time to remove my fall/winter quilt from the back of the love seat and put out the Gerber Daisy quilt.  It really adds the look and feel of spring/summer to our home. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment